I recently had the good fortune of being nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by Kathleen, (Doc Reedy), who writes the blog, “Marking Time ~ The Afghan and Iraqi Wars as Seen by Those Who Live Them.” Kathleen never ceases to inspire by illuminating the lifestyle and traditions of everyday Afghanis. I have loved following her blog and recommend that you read her fascinating and stirring accounts of life in Afghanistan at Marking Time .
Here are the rules for accepting the Award:
- Display the award logo.
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- State 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Okay, 7 interesting things about myself. Here goes:
- I love to belly dance to my husband’s tablah playing.
- I like all food except for cole slaw.
- I thoroughly enjoy camping in the desert of Saudi Arabia.
- I’m trying to become fluent in Arabic, and am a bit embarrassed that I am only “conversational” at this point.
- My Blackfeet American Indian name is “Bird Woman.”
- I’m a major “tomboy” and like to play volleyball with plastic balls from bins (usually with my husband) while in grocery stores.
- We brought our two pups to live with us in the Middle East, and they have so helped our social life.
I am happy to nominate the following 15 blogs for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” (These are in no special order.)
10. Planet Bell
11. Marking Time
Thank you to “World Via Standby” for nominating me for the “Versatile Blogger” and “Liebster Blog” Awards. I highly recommend you check out the intriguing international travel adventures and photos of World Via Standby . I am sure you will enjoy!